Pentagon declassifies and officially releases three UFO videos – including the infamous ‘Tic Tac’ clip – taken by US Navy pilots and confirms the aircraft are ‘unidentified’
- Pentagon released footage showing ‘unexplained aerial phenomena’ on Monday
- ‘The aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain characterized as ‘unidentified’,’ the Department of Defense said in a statement
- One video shows 2004 ‘Tic Tac’ incident that was recorded over Pacific Ocean
- A second video was captured off the coast of Jacksonville, Florida, in 2015
The Pentagon has officially released three videos taken by US Navy pilots that reportedly show ‘unexplained aerial phenomena’.
The footage that had been previously acknowledged as real by the Navy, capture what pilots recorded on their video sensors during training flights in 2004 and 2015.
Two of the clips were first published in 2017 by the New York Times and the third by the To The Stars Academy in 2018 – a group that specializes in unexplained phenomenon and was founded by Blink-182 guitarist Tom DeLonge.
‘The Department of Defense has authorized the release of three unclassified Navy videos, one taken in November 2004 and the other two in January 2015, which have been circulating in the public domain after unauthorized releases in 2007 and 2017,’ said Susan Gough, a Defense Department spokesperson in a statement.
The statement, released on Monday added that the videos were released after a ‘thorough review’ which determined that the unclassified videos ‘does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems, and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena’.
One of the videos was captured off the coast of Jacksonville, Florida, in 2015 (pictured)
One of the clips shows the notorious 2004 ‘Tic Tac’ incident that was recorded over the Pacific Ocean. A second video was captured off the coast of Jacksonville, Florida, in 2015.
Several months after those videos were published, To The Stars Academy released an additional video from the 2015 incident, which features a navy pilot remarking: ‘What the f**k is that thing?’
DOD officials said they released the videos ‘in order to clear up any misconceptions by the public on whether or not the footage that has been circulating was real, or whether or not there is more to the videos’.
‘The aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain characterized as ‘unidentified,” the department said.
Former senator, Harry Reid, lauded the Pentagon’s decision to officially release the clips.
‘I’m glad the Pentagon is finally releasing this footage, but it only scratches the surface of research and materials available,’ Reid tweeted Monday.
‘The US needs to take a serious, scientific look at this and any potential national security implications. The American people deserve to be informed,’ he added.
In September 2019, the Navy confirmed the authenticity of the videos for the first time.
The other video shows the notorious 2004 ‘Tic Tac’ incident (pictured) that was recorded over the Pacific Ocean
Former senator, Harry Reid, lauded the Pentagon’s decision to officially release the clips
‘The Navy considers the phenomena contained/depicted in those three videos as unidentified,’ Navy spokesman Joseph Gradisher told The Black Vault at the time.
The Navy prefers to call the objects seen in the videos ‘unexplained aerial phenomena’ (UAP), as opposed to the more commonly-used ‘unidentified flying object’ (UFO).
The clips were first published by The New York Times in December of 2017 and were recorded on two separate occasions.
According to the DOD, the videos have been circulating in the public domain after unauthorized releases in 2007 and 2017.
In June 2019, senators were reportedly briefed by the Pentagon about reports of UFO sightings by Navy pilots.
One of those senators was Mark Warner, of Virginia, the vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, whose spokesperson said: ‘If naval pilots are running into unexplained interference in the air, that’s a safety concern Senator Warner believes we need to get to the bottom of,’ Politico reported at the time.
The briefing was delivered by the Navy and included staff from the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence.
It is understood that such briefings have been on the rise since it was revealed that the Pentagon’s secretive Aerospace Threat Identification Program continues to investigate reported sightings of unknown aircraft.
‘Tic Tac’ UFO: US Navy pilot made visual contact with the object on November 14, 2004
At least six Super Hornet pilots made visual or instrument contact with the UFO on November 14, 2004.
The encounters, which are documented in numerous interviews with first-hand witnesses, remain a mystery, and the object’s incredible speed and movements have led to speculation that it was extraterrestrial in origin.
The original FLIR video from the USS Nimitz encounters leaked online as early as 2007.
Witnesses say that clips of the video had been circulated widely on the Navy’s intranet – used to communicate between ships in the carrier group – and an unknown sailor in the group likely first leaked it.
The clip became one of the most-touted pieces of evidence in the UFO community when the Pentagon confirmed its authenticity in 2017.
In January, Chad Underwood, the former Navy aviator who shot the famous leaked video clip, broke his silence in an interview with New York Magazine.
Chad Underwood, the former Navy aviator who shot the famous leaked video clip, broke his silence in an interview with New York Magazine in January
He said the oblong, wingless ‘Tic Tac’ shaped object was spotted off the coast of Mexico over the Pacific.
He also revealed that for about two weeks, the Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruiser USS Princeton, part of Carrier Strike Group 11, had been tracking mysterious aircraft intermittently on an advanced AN/SPY-1B passive radar.
The radar contacts were so inexplicable that the system was even shut down and restarted to to check for bugs – but operators continued to track the unknown aircraft.
Then on November 14, Commander David Fravor says he was flying in an F/A-18F Super Hornet when he made visual contact with the object, which seemed to dive below the water, resurface, and speed out of sight when he tried to approach it.
As Fravor landed on the deck of the Nimitz, Underwood was just gearing up to take off on his own training run.
Fravor told Underwood about the bizarre encounter, and urged Underwood to keep his eyes open.
He recalls how he suddenly saw a blip on his radar before tracking it on his FLIR camera.
Underwood was flying in an F/A-18F Super Hornet as part of the USS Nimitz (above) carrier group when he encountered an ‘unidentified aerial phenomena’
‘The thing that stood out to me the most was how erratic it was behaving,’ Underwood told the magazine.
‘And what I mean by ‘erratic’ is that its changes in altitude, air speed, and aspect were just unlike things that I’ve ever encountered before flying against other air targets.’
Underwood said the object wasn’t obeying the laws of physics and dropped from 50,000 feet altitude to 100 feet in seconds, which he says, ‘isn’t possible’. He added that he saw no signs of an engine heat plume or any sign of propulsion.
The pilot refuses to speculate as to whether the object is an alien spacecraft or not, however.
‘That’s not my job. But I saw something. And it was also seen, via eyeballs, by both my commanding officer, Dave Fravor, and the Marine Corps Hornet squadron commanding officer who was out there as well.’
Source: Read Full Article