Hysterical dad of Miami concert hall victim Clayton Dillard, 24, screams at cops and begs to 'hold' son's body

THE distraught dad of Clayton Dillard III who was gunned down at a concert hall in Miami screamed "you all killed my kid" at cops during a press conference.

Clayton Dillard II broke down in tears as he interrupted the meeting before being led away just a day on from pleading to "hold" his 24-year-old son's body after he was shot dead in Florida.






Three gunmen were filmed running towards a concert with semi-automatic weapons before allegedly killing three and injuring 30 in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Police are now desperately hunting for the trio of suspects following the Memorial Day weekend shooting in south Florida.

During a press conference, a visibly emotional Mr Dillard shouted at politicians and police officers.

"You all killed my kid," he yelled.

As he was pulled away, Miami-Dade Police Director Freddy Ramirez told reporters, "That’s the pain that affects our community right there."

Mr Dillard named his son, who also has the same name, as one of the victims on Monday.

He had been begging for his son's body to be taken away from the crime scene as it remained there for almost 18 hours covered by a tarp as authorities investigated, WGLP reported.

"I need to hold him," Mr Dillard pleaded.




"I need to hold him! You killed the wrong kids!"

Gunshots rang out just after midnight after a concert at the El Mula Banquet Hall in northwest Miami-Dade County on Sunday morning, police said.

The banquet hall had been rented out for a concert.

Three people got out of an Nissan Pathfinder SUV and opened fire into a crowd outside with assault rifles and handguns, police director Alfredo “Freddy” Ramirez III said.

Footage showed the trio pulling up to the venue and jumping out of their vehicle wearing hoodies and holding the weapons before running in.

Their car remained parked with its doors open, ready for them to escape when they returned just minutes later.

In a statement, Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava confirmed that the death toll was three people, with more than 30 injured.




A combined $130,000 reward is being offered from different units for the arrest and conviction of the three suspects.

Authorities believe the shooting was targeted.

“These are cold blooded murderers that shot indiscriminately into a crowd and we will seek justice,” Ramirez said in a tweet.

Two people died at the scene, police said. As many as 25 people went to various hospitals for treatment.

No arrests were immediately announced.

“This is a despicable act of gun violence, a cowardly act,” Ramirez told the Miami Herald.

“This type of gun violence has to stop. Every weekend it’s the same thing,” Ramirez said during an early morning news conference.

The injured were transported to various hospitals in the area, 12 of whom took themselves, according to authorities.



"It is very difficult to stop a small amount of individuals who want to go out there and commit murder, and it takes all of us to stop this,” Ramirez said.

"We really have to put the work in this summer to keep our children and community safe."

Gov. Ron DeSantis commented on the shooting on Twitter.

“We mourn the loss of the two victims and are praying for the recovery of the more than 20 people injured at El Mula Banquet Hall near Hialeah. We are working with local authorities to bring justice to the perpetrators. Justice needs to be swift & severe!” DeSantis tweeted.

Businessman and TV personality Marcus Lemonis, star of “The Profit,” took to Twitter to offer a $100,000 reward to help authorities capture the suspects.

Gun violence ushered in the Memorial Day weekend in South Florida when dozens of shots were fired at another gathering in Miami’s Wynwood area.

The shooting late Friday killed one person and injured six others.



    Source: Read Full Article