WALKING Dead: World Beyond has finally got a premiere update after a last-minute delay.
The AMC spin-off series was supposed to debut last month, but was pulled from schedules just days before because of the coronavirus pandemic.
AMC's chief operating officer Ed Carroll has now given fans an update on when the new show will finally hit our screens, revealing post-production has continued at home for the team.
He told investors in an earnings call according to Deadline: "You're probably aware, [we] moved Walking Dead: World Beyond back into the fourth quarter.
"We're finishing post on that, that will be set to go [before the end of the year]."
However Ed's comments could be at odds with what showrunner Matt Negrete had in mind after the postponement of the April 22 premiere.
Matt – who also co-created World Beyond – previously updated fans on the delay and said it would be short-lived.
He wrote on Instagram: "Given how each day blends into the next, 'later this year' will be here before we know it.
"Til then, let's all do what we can to stay safe and healthy look out for each other. Better days are coming."
World Beyond follows the first generation of children born after the zombie apocalypse.
Meanwhile the current 10th season of The Walking Dead was brought to a premature end by the coronavirus outbreak.
Jeffrey Dean Morgan – who plays Negan – recently admitted it's a "f***ing mystery" when filming will even begin for the next season.
Source: Read Full Article