THIS week’s unemployment statistics made grim reading but the vaccine roll-out is giving the jobs market a shot in the arm.
Vacancies are back to the same level as before the pandemic, with rapid growth in fields including tech, and health and care work.
Andrew Hunter, of jobs board Adzuna, says: “It’s been a game-changing month in many sectors.”
Here, Sunemployment brings you more than 25,000 vacancies you can apply for TODAY.
HEALTH & CARE
- PPE manufacturers are recruiting to keep up with demand. Globus Group needs 250 staff in Dumfries and Warrington, Cheshire, to make 1.3billion masks. It wants to hear from people made redundant due to the pandemic.
Pilot Douglas Jones joined Globus in June after being made redundant by Aegean Airlines. Douglas, 27, from Moffat, Dumfries, says: “All my friends in the sector were in the same position.
Now I am helping a company playing an important role in fighting Covid-19. There is a great team here and we face daily challenges that keep me busy.”
Apply at globus.co.uk/careers.
- Barchester Healthcare has 2,399 vacancies for nurses, care assistants and managers (jobs.barchester.com).
- More than 5,000 new workers are wanted in the North West by the Care Heroes campaign (greater.jobs/content/11351/be-a-care-hero–1-).
- Sunrise Senior Living and Gracewell Healthcare have 150 roles nationwide (bit.ly/3njdGoS).
- Anchor Hanover needs 200 staff at its care homes (anchorhanover.org. uk/careers/make-a-difference).
- Want to care for clients in their own homes? Home Instead is recruiting for 4,057 hourly care-giver roles plus 500 live-in roles (home instead.co.uk/vacancies).
- HC-One has openings for 1,259 roles, including care assistants and nurses (apply.hc-one.co.uk).
- Exemplar Health Care has 150 jobs in Bradford, 80 jobs in Hull and 20 at Sutton-in-Ashfield, Notts (exemplarhc.com/careers/job-search).
- Audley Care has roles for community care assistants. Full training is given. Email [email protected]
- Cascade Care supports people with learning difficulties and has 20 vacancies. Email your CV to [email protected]
- Oakland Care has 20 vacancies plus 20 Kickstart roles (oakland carecareers.com).
- And Bluebird Care needs 600 care assistants, full and part-time (bluebirdcarecareers.co.uk). Bluebird’s Katy Falconer says: “No experience in the care sector is required. We offer full training.”
- Bupa Care needs 200 recruits for its care homes and Bupa Dental has 350 vacancies across various roles (careers.bupa.co.uk/join-us).
- ORCHA, the Organisation for the Review of Care and Health Apps, is taking on 100 new starters. Email [email protected]
- Diagnostics firm LumiraDx has 300 jobs in Glasgow and Alloa (michael page.co.uk/clientprofile/lumiradx).
- My Online Therapy needs 15 staff (myonlinetherapy.com/we-are-hiring).
- And the NHS has 1,200 roles as the fight against Covid continues. Search “NHS jobs” on reed.co.uk.
- BUILD a future. The Skills Centre and building contractor O’Halloran & O’Brien are offering 1,000 unemployed people a foot in the door.
Trainees will get a free three-week, industry-led training programme when lockdown ends, with a guaranteed job interview for work on major London building projects (theskillscentre.co.uk/welcome-to-a-new-start-in-construction).
- Affordable housing provider Clarion Housing Group has 800 job placements for unemployed 16 to 24-year-olds (careers.clarionhg.com).
- Estate agent Spicer Haart has 225 jobs up for grabs (spicerhaart.co.uk/recruitment).
- Hillarys Blinds is recruiting for 495 roles (hillarys.co.uk/careers).
- DIY specialist Leyland SDM has 20 vacancies in its stores (careers. leylandsdm.co.uk). And Selco Builders Warehouse has 130 roles open (jobs.selcobw.com).
FOOD & RETAIL
- POULTRY giant 2 Sisters Food Group wants 500 new staff (2sfg.com/careers).
- Doughnut maker Krispy Kreme has 42 plum roles (krispykreme. co.uk/careers).
- Supermarket Aldi has 1,513 roles and wants former Debenhams and Arcadia staff (aldirecruitment.co.uk).
- Amazon keeps growing. It has 1,566 new roles (amazon.jobs/en/locations/unitedkingdom).
TECH & DIGITAL
- FOOD ordering service Flipdish has 200 jobs in customer support, sales, tech and marketing. Email a CV to [email protected]
- Broadband provider Hyperoptic is hiring 200 people, including engineers and sales staff (careers.hyperoptic.com/jobs).
- Games maker BGFG is hiring 30 in Manchester (bgfg.co.uk/careers).
- Mobile ordering firm Wi5 has 60 jobs in business development. See wi5.io/careers.
- Digital marketing group IDHL has 24 jobs for marketing experts and web developers. Find out more at idhlgroup.com/careers.
BEST OF THE REST
- ONLINE learning firm The Skills Network needs 31 new staff (theskillsnetwork.com/careers).
- E-commerce firm Huboo has 100 vacancies. Email [email protected] or call 01722 444 025.
- Ambitions Personnel is hiring for 15 jobs including welders and circuit board technicians. Email [email protected]
- Octopus Energy has 177 roles in sales, marketing and for software engineers (octopus.energy/careers).
- Engineering firm Aecom has 1,471 jobs, with an average advertised salary of £40,986 (aecom.jobs).
HM REVENUE & CUSTOMS has 35 vacancies, including cyber specialists, data engineers and service managers. Find out more at civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk.
TRAINING firm ATTENSI is taking on six starters. If you are Interested, email a CV to [email protected]
GOT a story? RING The Sun on 0207 782 4104 or WHATSAPP on 07423720250 or EMAIL [email protected]
Source: Read Full Article