EAGER diners visiting McDonalds will be asked to enter branches on a one-in-one-out basis and can only spend £25 at a time, the fast food chain has announced.
The company has added a raft of new safety rules at its restaurants as it announces that 260 of its branches are open from today for walk-in takeaways for the first time since the coronavirus lockdown began.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
But there will be limits in place on the number of people allowed inside restaurants to help maintain social distancing, depending on the restaurant size and layout.
If it's full, you won't be able to go in until someone else leaves.
McDonald’s will provide signposting and floor-markings to create a one-way system around restaurants for customers and delivery couriers where possible it said.
CORONAVIRUS CRISIS – STAY IN THE KNOW
Don't miss the latest news and figures – and essential advice for you and your family.
To receive The Sun’s Coronavirus newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.
To follow us on Facebook, simply ‘Like’ our Coronavirus page.
Get Britain’s best-selling newspaper delivered to your smartphone or tablet each day – find out more.
Other safety procedures will include sanitising your hands at the checkout, and visitors will be asked to order through the app where possible to limit contact with staff.
There will be fewer self-order screens switched on and those in use will be sanitised at least every 30 minutes.
All McDonald’s employees will also be asked to confirm they are fit and able to work, and the company will use contactless thermometers with temperatures taken on arrival at work for every shift.
A spokesperson for the company said: "McDonald’s will provide clear signposting and floor-markings to create a one-way system around restaurants for customers and delivery partner couriers, where possible."
On Tuesday, Boris Johnson gave all restaurants the green light to trade again from July 4 – though McDonald's is yet to reveal when its seating areas will be open again to the public.
McDonald's customers are encouraged to visit alone to collect their food where possible, and unfortunately for those with children, play areas will remain closed.
McDonald's also said that customer toilets and lifts will also remain closed for now.
The spokesperson said: "With dining areas closed, recycling points will also remain closed.
"The large majority of McDonald’s packaging can be recycled, and customers are encouraged to dispose of their litter responsibly and recycle wherever possible when they get home."
McDonald's initially trialled opening 11 service station branches for takeaway last week, before opening more restaurants on Wednesday.
The new measures are on top of those already introduced in drive-thru and restaurants open for delivery, which include perspex screens at customer facing points and fewer staff numbers to maintain social distancing.
From June 10, McDonald's expanded delivery to over 570 restaurants across the UK and Ireland.
From today, the fast food chain started serving breakfast again in 42 of its restaurants.
One desperate Maccies fan couldn't wait to get his hands on a meal so he queued up in a cardboard car and waited in line at the drive-thru to get his hands on a Big Mac.
Source: Read Full Article