I dumped my cheating boyfriend – how do I break the news to my kids?

DEAR DEIDRE: I THREW out my cheating boyfriend and don’t know how to tell my ­children.

I am 30 and for the past two years I have been living with a guy who is now 38. Last week, I caught him cheating on me for the second time.

He promised he’d never do it again, but I can’t risk being hurt for a third time, so I asked him to move out.

My children have started asking where he’s gone and I don’t know what to say. For all his faults, he’s been like a dad to them.

For more advice from Dear Deidre

No issue is too small, too large or too embarrassing. Read our personal replies here.

  • Dear Deidre on Sex
  • Dear Deidre on Relationships
  • Dear Deidre on Marriage
  • Dear Deidre on Family
  • Dear Deidre on Parenting
  • Dear Deidre on Grief

How can I tell them why he won’t be living with us any more? And how can I move on from this?

DEIDRE SAYS: It’s best to be honest and make it very clear it has nothing to do with them.

Tell them that, sometimes, grown-ups decide they no longer want to be together.

Explain you will be happier as a family without him.

My support pack, Worried About Mum And Dad, may help you (even though he’s not their dad).

If you need to talk about your feelings, contact Supportline (supportline.org.uk, 01708 765 200) which provides confidential emotional support.

NEXT IN TODAY'S DEAR DEIDRE My internet lover was just in it for cash and now I'm all alone

READ DEIDRE'S NEW PHOTO CASEBOOK Jane works up the courage to ditch her boyfriend Ryan

    Source: Read Full Article