How Tyson Fury and Dillian Whyte's fight unfurled round by round from shock opening to both boxers being warned by ref

TYSON FURY needed just six rounds to KO Dillian Whyte in their huge Wembley showdown.

The Gypsy King brutally floored his rival with a savage uppercut – branded the 'punch of his life'.

Here, SunSport breaks down how the fight unfurled round by round.


Fury arrived draped in a St George’s Cross gown, for the patron’s day, with a handful of towels wrapped around his shoulders, making his 6ft 9in, 19st frame look even more imposing.

In a huge shock it was Whyte and not switch-hitting Fury who started in the unfamiliar southpaw stance.


Fury KO’s Whyte with brutal uppercut before announcing RETIREMENT

Free bets – Get £30 Sky Bet bonus when you stake £10 on Premier League football

The Brixton Body Snatcher aimed lead right hooks at Fury’s torso and he replied with right hands into Whyte’s high guard.


Whte reverted to his orthodox stance for the second and threw his first huge right haymaker, missing Fury by miles and almost demolishing the ring by crashing his shot into the ropes.

Fury threw the more accurate shots, Whyte caught most of them but couldn’t land his trademark counters.

Most read in Boxing


Fury KNOCKS OUT Whyte with sensational uppercut at Wembley


Fury confirms he'll fight UFC champion Ngannou despite boxing retirement


Paris Fury seen for first time since pregnancy is revealed by Carl Froch


Fury KO's Whyte with brutal uppercut before announcing RETIREMENT


Fury scored points with a couple of lead left hooks and made the crowd whoop with a double-jab-right-cross.

Whyte was always marching forward but Fury was tagging him expertly on the backfoot.

The 13lbs Fury had trained off since the final magnificent Deontay Wilder win was helping him dance around the outskirts of the ring once again, like the 2015 glory days when he dethroned Wladimir Klitschko.


There was a crunching clash of heads at the very start of the fourth and respected ref Mark Lyson had to warn them both.

Whyte landed his first clubbing left hook but then had a heavyweight wrestle and the little official was brave to get in between almost 40st of raging bull.


Fury’s trainer Sugar Hill Steward told his man to dance and jab in the fifth and avoid the roughhousing.

Whyte seemed to wobble from a left hook but he looked at the canvas like he was searching for divot and laughed it off.

Fury then cracked in a one-two that almost definitely hurt the former kickboxer and he started to use the better body blows.


Fury was bouncing and moving between clever attacks, his love handles rippling with his flow.

Read More on The Sun

Russia preparing to deploy devastating ‘Satan-2’ nukes which can wipe out UK

Peter Kay makes ultra-rare public appearance to launch a boat

Then there was a ten-second warning for the end of the round and Fury detonated a magnificent uppercut for the ages.

The Brixton man collapsed and bravely tried to beat the count but he was sprawling and crawling against the tide and the referee rightly waved it off to save him.

    Source: Read Full Article