Prince Harry in airport security scare as car crashes through LAX moments before his flight

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Prince Harry has been caught up in an airport security scare as he boarded a flight to London ahead of the unveiling of a new statue of his mother, Princess Diana.

The 36 year old getting ready to jet off from Los Angeles' International Airport on Thursday when a car crashed through a fence, leading to a police chase to find the driver.

Almost 20 police cars were seen off a runway at LAX surrounding a car, with the driver apprehended by the force.

The crash took place just one hour before Harry was seen appearing at the airport to board a flight to Heathrow.

LAX Police told MailOnline there were no injuries and no "information indicating the incident was connected to a particular flight," but they are continuing to investigate.

It was reported earlier this week that Harry will be isolating at his former home Frogmore Cottage with his cousin Princess Eugenie once he arrives in the UK.

Harry is said to be staying in "self-contained accommodation" at the royal home in Windsor, which has been made "Covid secure" when he lands back in Blighty.


A source told The Sun: "Eugenie and Jack were handed the keys last year and told they could use it while Harry and Meghan were in America.

"The cottage is now literally split into two, meaning Harry can isolate in one half of the house without ever coming into contact with his cousin and her family.

"It has been set up for his return after last-minute plans seemed to work when he was back for the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral in April."

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

The US is currently on the UK government's amber travel list, meaning he was expected to arrive on Tuesday in order to complete a full 10 day quarantine.

However, it seems he has opted to quarantine for five days, which would see him provide a negative result of a Covid test as part of the new "Test and Release" scheme.

Harry and his older brother Prince William are said to be "putting their differences aside" to "respect" their mother at the statue unveiling on 1 July.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

  • Prince Harry received share of £4.45…
  • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle plan …
  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry give …
  • Kate plans to help Princes William a…

Despite the brothers supposedly feuding and communicating by "minimal" texts, they are set to leave Kensington Palace together, walk to the statue and deliver their own speeches.

However Harry will not be accompanied by wife Meghan, who will remain at home in California along with their newborn daughter Lili Diana and two-year-old son Archie.

Speaking exclusively to OK!, royal expert Duncan Larcombe said: "No one I've spoken to believes Meghan will attend. She's just had a baby and that's a perfect reason to want to stay where she is. No one could criticise her for that, although I'm sure people will."

Source: Read Full Article